TAİK BCG Report - Global Advantage of Turkey
Turkey is a large and high growth potential country with:
- Young, educated and entrepreneurial population
- High manufacturing competitiveness
- Diversified economy with advanced sophistication across specific sectors
- Unique geographical position and proximity to both developed and developing markets
- Strong export potential and DNA
Global economic turbulence in recent years has limited Turkey to fully realize this potential.
Turkey can realistically realize this strong potential by defining and executing a strategy built on its strengths.
This long term strategy should be built on:
- Transitioning to higher value added and high technology products in manufacturing to increase exports and minimize current account deficit
- Sustaining a predictable investment environment to further attract FDI and domestic investments
- Leveraging opportunities in changing global dynamics with Covid 19 and trade wars to further strengthen Turkey's global position